January 25th, 2017
Dear Interested Student,
Thank you for visiting the Molecular Medicine application portal. The application portal is now open and you can begin the application process. While the process of completeing your application should be self-explanatory, below is a brief overview of what you will need to do in order to complete the application. If you run into difficulties, please email us at email@example.com (and don't forget the "s" in the word "admissions."). We will do our best to answer you within a week. Please consider that all applications from last year will not be considered for this year and will be removed from our system. If you wish to re-apply, you need to re-register.
Application deadline: May 21st 2017 for all applicants. Your two referees will have until May 31st 2017 to complete their evaluation of your work.
- We do NOT have a separate admissions policy for German and non-German students.
- We do not conduct our admission process on a rolling basis. However,
- Do not wait until the last minute to apply; if you experience technical or logistical difficulties we cannot extend the deadline for you. Plus, you also want to give your referees some time to submit their reference letter.
Notification of admission: July 14th 2017 via the email address you enter in the system when you register to apply.
Basic Directions for completing the online application.
When you enter the application portal you will be asked to first register in the system before you can begin filling in the application form. To register just click on the "Create an Account" link on the left. Once you have registered you can return to your application form and work on it as often as you wish, including to make changes, until you have completed it and are ready to submit. You do not need to upload all required documents in one session.
For the application you will need
- to upload a high school transcript, a current transcript (in English or German), and
- a language test result if you have it (see our FAQ section on the program's website for more information).
- You will also need to supply contact information for two people who can provide letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- If you have received any awards or scholarships you can also upload certificates and documents regarding this.
- There are also opportunities for you to upload other additional documents if you think they pertain to your application.
- Towards the end of the application you will be asked to explain why you wish to pursue our master program (letter of motivation). Please make sure you take your time writing this essay and by all means read the hints and tips for letter of motivation which is in the admissions download section of our website.
- All the other questions on the application are relatively straightforward and can be answered directly in the application form.
“The great thing about this program is that it gives students a chance to experience many different areas of research. I wasn’t sure about what to focus on, but through this program I learned about the research of a lot of different professors, gained exposure to several different excellent research institutes, and was able to decide what topic I most wanted to pursue for my PhD.” Eugenia Rojas, graduate 2011, currently pursuing her PhD at the Charité.